It’s no secret that living a healthy life is about more than exercise and what you put into your body. There are hundreds of factors – like sleep, reducing chemical exposure and protecting your skin from the sun- that make up a healthy holistic life.
What you might not realize is just how important it is to use natural products in your house, on your skin and especially with your kids. Here are 7 reasons to switch to natural products right awa
- Babies explore with their mouths. Household cleaners, baby bath products and even chemicals on baby clothes all end up in your little one’s system. If you haven’t considered what’s on or in your products before having kids, now is a good time to start.
- Little bodies can’t filter toxins as efficiently as adults. There are so many places toxins can come from. Children’s bodies are exposed to just as much as adults, only their systems aren’t able to deal with as much as ours can. When you choose natural home and body products you’re reducing your child’s chemical exposure significantly, so their body can focus on what’s most important.
- Body products aren’t tested before they’re put on the market. The average woman uses over 12 body products every day – that’s a lot of chemicals going into your system if you’re not careful. Did you know that most of these products aren’t tested and don’t have to submit their ingredients list for approval before their products are on the market? Once these products are on the market, many of them are found to contain chemicals that cause birth defects, cancer, or impair organ health. This is a big risk to take for yourself and your family.
- Your body products can overburden your liver. We’ve all heard jokes about having one too many glasses of wine can be hard on your liver. We’re aware that alcohol causes extra work for our bodies, but did you know your body products can contribute to your toxic load? Everything that goes on your skin seeps into your bloodstream. That means the fruity smelling lotion you bought at the drugstore might be causing your liver to work overtime. When you multiply that by the number of products you use on a daily basis, the burden on your body adds up. All this extra work takes away from your body’s more important jobs of building healthy tissues and using your immune system to fight real invaders.
- Household cleaners contain known carcinogens. Since these products aren’t required to go through testing or submit an ingredient list before approval, they end up on the market with known carcinogens in their formulas. Natural household cleaners work just as well as their chemical counterparts. The difference is that you can have peace of mind because you’re not introducing carcinogens into your home.
- Generic sunscreens can be just as harmful as the sun on your skin. When you weigh the pros and cons of sunscreen, don’t forget to consider the effects of chemical exposure from generic sunscreen brands. Many of them contain chemicals that negatively affect your skin, your liver and the environment making them a poor choice for your overall health. Natural sunscreens offer effective sun protection without the chemical exposure. Enter coupon code Move_2020 to save 25% on your all-natural sunscreen.
- It’s easy to get natural products for every need. Years ago it was more of an effort to “go green” with your body and household products. That’s not the case today. Natural products have come a long way and there has been a lot of innovation in makeup selection, natural soaps, even aluminum-free antiperspirants. When natural alternatives are just as good as drugstore brands, it’s a no-brainer to make the switch. There are even subscription services like Green Mom Club by Green Beaver which will stock you up on your body, baby and household essentials every month at a discounted price.
Have you made the switch to natural products for your home and body? Tag us in a post with your natural body products on instagram at @movecollective.