Enjoy this little strength circuit, a mix of some of the most effective strength training exercises for golfers. Don’t think about strength training as a means of getting bigger and stronger. Think about strength training for golf as a means of reducing the risk of injury, improving the synchronization of muscles and joints and increasing your strength stimulus for more power and distance on the course!
These exercises are designed to:
- Integrate the entire body and help the muscles work synergistically
- Enhance balance, endurance, coordination and core strength
- Protect the body, muscles and joints from unnecessary wear and tear
- Improve your consistency from uneven lies on the course
- Encourage rotational forces
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Enhance your power and speed stimulus for more distance
If you find any of these movements challenging, you need to revert back to more stability, core and basic body weight strength. Understand the body and swing connection and train with purpose. Work these into your current routines but don’t neglect the little things.
Swing healthy folks!
PGA of Canada Associate Professional
TPI Golf Fitness Specialist
CHEK Golf Performance Specialist
CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach