Here’s a great weeknight BBQ recipe. It’s ready in 30 minutes and gives you everything you need to fuel up quickly so you can spend time outside in the sun.
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 Italian sausage
- 1 eggplant
- 2 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ¼ C olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- To prep the veggies, slice the eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into ½ inch thick slices and slice the peppers lengthwise into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning or oregano, crushed chillies, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the veggies and olive oil mixture to the bowl and toss until well coated. You might need to add a little more of the dressing to make sure the vegetables are well coated.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Then add vegetables to one side of the grill and cook, turning once, until tender; 8-10 minutes for the bell peppers, 5-7 minutes for the zucchini and eggplant.
- On the other side of the grill, add sausages and cook for 8-12 minutes until cooked through with an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Once everything is cooked, remove the vegetables and slice them into bite-size pieces, and serve warm with sausages.