Fire up the grill! These Greek-style chicken burgers are a crowd pleaser. They’re full of fresh spices and topped with creamy tzatziki for a fresh twist on a backyard BBQ classic.
- one lb ground chicken
- quarter cup red onion, minced
- one tsp oregano, dried
- quarter cup parsley, fresh
- two cloves garlic, grated
- quarter cup feta, crumbled
- quarter cup breadcrumbs
- one egg
- four burger buns
- half cup full-fat yoghurt
- half cucumber, cored and grated
- two tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- two tbsp fresh dill, minced
- one lemon, juiced
- one clove garlic, grated
- red onion
- Start by prepping the tzatziki. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, grated cucumber, grated garlic, parsley, dill and lemon juice, stir to combine and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add the ground chicken, red onion, oregano, parsley, garlic, feta, breadcrumbs and egg, and use your hands to combine the ingredients.
- Once combined, separate the chicken mixture into 4 equal portions and use your hands to shape them into patties.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, then add patties and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the grill and assemble them on buns with tzatziki and toppings of your choice.