Lemonade is a summertime favourite! Even better that it’s easy to make and a healthy every day detox drink for your liver. Traditional lemonades are filled with refined sugar. This refreshing recipe offers a twist on traditional sweetness by adding fresh strawberries and maple syrup as a refined-sugar free sweet alternative.
Not a strawberry fan? That’s ok. Easily adapt this recipe with your favorite fruit. Try blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or even a peach. Frozen fruit will work just as well as fresh, just remove the cup of ice cubes in the recipe.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from a fresh lemon)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups ice
- Remove the stems on your strawberries and cut them half.
- Add all ingredients except ice to your high powered blender. Blend until smooth and then add ice and continue blending until ice is thoroughly incorporated and the lemonade texture is thick and slushy.
- Taste and adjust sweeteners if needed.
- Serve in your favorite summer patio glass and enjoy!