Summer is fast approaching and with that comes family BBQs, care-free days, and fresh fruit to make delicious desserts with! You may have heard that fruit is “nature’s candy” and we definitely agree.
Here are some delicious recipes to turn your favourite fruit into an exciting dessert.
Creamy Lemon Tartlets
Surprise! Avocado is what makes these no-bake tartlets creamy and it gives them a beautiful green colour. These combine the sweetness of dates with the tartness of lemon and a crunchy finish from the crust. Made with all healthy ingredients, your taste buds and your body will love them.
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates (12-15)
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 2 Large Avocados
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- Blackberries and Cranberries (for topping)
- Blend all crust ingredients in a food processor until a sticky paste forms. Press an even layer of the paste into the bottom of lined muffin tin. Place in freezer to set.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
- Spoon filling into each muffin slot and place back in the freezer for another 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let sit about 15 minutes. Top with berries before serving.