Part of our mission at Green Beaver is to educate our community about the risks of chemicals found in most household products. We do this in the hopes of creating awareness that will lead people to choose natural products that are better for their family and the environment.
The more people get on board with choosing green products, the lower the environmental impact is for everyone. Think about how much chemical pollution we would save from returning to the environment if everyone in your city switched to green household products.
Here are 5 ways that using green products supports the environment and your health:
- Reduce your environmental footprint – it’s possible for humans to have our needs met without negatively impacting the environment, if we choose it. Companies that are environmentally conscious take this into account in the way they manufacture and package their products.
- Healthier living for humans and animals – chemical products don’t just impact the environment, they impact the health of humans and animals. Choosing natural products that aren’t tested on animals preserves the health of our wildlife. Choosing healthier body products reduces the level of toxicity in our systems as well as in our babies, since toxins can be passed on.
- Provide a healthier future for our children – the damage we cause to the environment is the problem our children will inherit. The more environmentally conscious we can be now, the better the lives of our children and grandchildren in the future. Remember than environmental impact doesn’t just affect nature, it’s our air, water and food source as well.
- Preserves natural resources – even natural resources can be depleted. Choosing products from companies that are environmentally conscious supports the innovation needed to find ways of creating products that are sustainable long-term. The more we preserve our natural resources, the more they’ll be available to replenish our planet.
- Reduces recycling costs – there’s been an increase in recycling in recent years which is positive for the environment. To go one step further though, we need to focus on products that are biodegradable, or have an even smaller footprint. Companies who are committed to green practices choose innovative packaging methods that keep environmental health top of mind.
How We Do Our Part at Green Beaver
We’re proud that our Green Beaver products don’t include chemicals that harm the environment, humans or animals. We take our commitment to a more responsible approach seriously and we want to inspire others to act sustainably as well.
In 2009, we were officially certified Ecocert. This means that we bring better production practices and offer natural and organic cosmetic products. Our natural ingredients are as effective as synthetic ingredients, but without any toxins, because we use ingredients made by “green technology”.
Two of our favourite products that are good for the planet: Natural Exfoliant and All-Natural Mineral Sunscreen. Unlike many scrubs on the market, ours is made from bamboo microfibers. There are no plastic particles in the formula, which is extremely important because small plastic beads in other products end up in the water, and become a danger to marine life.
As well, to do our part in rectifying the damage to coral by a majority of toxic and harmful sunscreens, it’s our priority to offer the very first mineral-based sunscreen made in Canada.
We are happy to share that we’re currently working on developing 100% eco-friendly packaging for all of our products.
Learn more about the Green Beaver Company and their all natural products by becoming a MoveCamp Community Member here.