Scallops are an easy to prepare protein option for weeknight meals. They add a little decadence to anything they’re paired with, especially this simple spaghetti. You’ll love this recipe because it’s flavorful and easy to make, but will impress anyone you have to dinner.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
8 scallops, patted dry
200 grams spaghetti, dry
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 shallot, minced
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
½ pound cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley and mint, plus more to serve
Fresh parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Oncecooked, drain pasta, reserve a ¼ cup of the pasta water, and set pasta aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, pat the scallops dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet, add olive and heat until oil is hot. Add scallops, working in batches if needed to notcrowd the pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden and crisp. Once cooked, transfer scallops to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Add cherry tomatoes, chilli flakes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for another 3-4 minutes until tomatoes begin to break down.
Find more delicious healthy recipes at truLOCAL.ca.